The Chanakya National Law University, Patna will be conducting CLAT-2017. This year more than 3 lakh candidates have applied for CLAT (Common Law Admission Test). According to the official data 2,312 seats are being offered by the 18 Participating Institutes so, it is expected that large no. of candidates (more than 3 lakh) will sit for the online exam.
CLAT which is an India common entrance examination, conducted for those aspiring students who want to take admissions into various UG and PG degree programmes/courses. The Online exam will be held on May 14, 2017 (Sunday) from 3pm to 5pm. Candidate’s need to submit the filled online application forms latest by March 31, 2017. Admit cards will be available on the official website from April 20.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Programme in CLAT-2017
1. (i) Candidates shall be below Twenty (20) Years of age as on 1st July 2017 in case of all Unreserved/NRIs/NRI Sponsored categories candidates.
(ii) Candidates shall be below Twenty Two (22) years of age as on 1st July 2017 in case of SC/ST/ OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) category candidates.
2. As regards minimum percentage of marks in qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2), the candidates must have secured:
(i) Forty five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories, and
(ii) Forty Percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
3. Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2017 are also eligible for appearing in CLAT-2017 online examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
4. The result of qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
5. In case of equal marks, the breaking of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
(i) Higher marks in the section of legal aptitude in CLAT-2017 exam.
(ii) Higher age.
(iii) Computerized draw of lots.
Eligibility Criteria for appearing in CLAT-2017 for PG Programme
(a) The candidates must have Minimum percentage of marks in qualifying examination (i.e. LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/ any other equivalent exam) as under:
(i) Fifty five percent (55%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved / OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories, and
(ii) Fifty percent (50%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category,
(b) The candidate must have passed / appeared in the final semester/final year examination of the qualifying examination on the date of his/her admission.
(c) In case of candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination, he/she may submit his/her final result of qualifying examination within the timeframe prescribed by the respective University / Institute. Till then such candidates may be given provisional admission.
(d) In case of equal marks, the breaking of tie shall be by procedure and order as under:
(i) Higher age;
(ii) Computerized draw of lots.
(e) No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT-2017.
Important Dates/Exam Schedule/Syllabus & Exam pattern/Selection Criteria/Admission Procedure has been displayed on Official site of CLAT-2017. Therefore, candidates should keep visiting the CLAT website for all exam related important announcement/information /corrigendum/notices and other details throughout the selection processes at various stages.
The post CLAT On May 14,Check Exam Eligibilty Criteria for UG & PG appeared first on Eduwhere Knowledge Hub.