The Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is going to be held on December 16, 2018, in 92 cities across the country. The test is conducted for admission into various MBA courses of the Symbiosis Groups of Institutions in our country. With the tag of a deemed university, Symbiosis Group of Organizations is a very renowned brand in the country. That is why a lot of students appear every year for the SNAP Exam conducted by the Symbiosis University. With a little more than 30 days left for the exam, here we shall discuss the tips to boost your preparation by way of smart revision in these last few days.
What is the Exam Pattern of SNAP 2018?
The SNAP 2018 Exam is going to be a two-hour online test of 150 marks. The SNAP Exam Pattern is such that it will test you based on your aptitude for being a manager in the future. The Exam Pattern is as follows:
|Sections||Normal Questions||Special Questions||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency||30||5||35||40|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||30||5||35||40|
There will be negative marking of 1/4th of the marks allotted to a question for a wrong answer. The SNAP Exam 2018 is going to be an objective type examination in which the normal questions will have 4 options to choose from and the special questions will require you to enter the answer using the virtual keypad.
What is the syllabus for SNAP Exam 2018?
As we have already seen, SNAP Syllabus for 2018 is mainly based on four sections – English, General Awareness, Reasoning and QA. All the four sections have the provision of normal questions and special questions in order to test the memory of the candidates. Coming to the syllabus of each of the four sections,
The English Section will have the following topics:
- Reading Comprehension
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Para Jumble Questions (At least 6 statements will be there)
- Idioms and Phrases
- Figure of Speech
- Fill in the Blanks
The QA and DI section will include the following chapters:
- Arithmetic problems such as Profit and Loss, Time and Distance, Time and Work, Simple and Compound Interest etc.
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Set Theory
- Data Interpretation – Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Histogram etc.
- Complex Numbers
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- A.P, G.P and Harmonic Progression
The Analytical and Logical Reasoning Section will include the following:
- Statement and Conclusion
- Statement and Inference
- Statement and Argument
- Cause and Effect
- Binary Logic
- Blood Relations
- Seating Arrangement
- Clocks and Calendars
- Visual Reasoning
The Current Affairs Section will include the following:
- Books and Authors
- Business Current Affairs
- Sports and Entertainment Current Affairs
- International Organizations
- Punch-lines of companies
- Key Persons in various organizations
- World Records
- History and Geography
- Social Issues
How to revise the SNAP Syllabus in 30 days?
Now that we are well aware of the SNAP Syllabus, we need to decide a strategy that will help you crack this examination. Since not much time is left for the exam, now it is mainly about revising what you have already prepared rather than preparing from the scratch.
Our tips for effective revision will be divided into two parts – Do’s and Don’ts. The first part will give you an insight regarding the things that you should do in these last days whereas the second part will give you the idea regarding the things that should be averted at any cost. You need to remember that a strategy is a combination of both of these things. That is why, in order to be holistic, strategy should cover both what is to be done and what not to be done.
What should I do to crack SNAP 2018?
This is the first part of our strategy that will ensure your success in the SNAP Exam. Here are the things that you should do:
- Divide your daily study time equally among four sections: Since you have mostly covered the syllabus, it is now time that you divide your entire time into equal parts in order to revise the four sections. Every section should have equal time allotted since you don’t want to miss the bus because you did not revise QA or Current Affairs.
- Focus on the weak areas in any subject: In every section, you must be weak in certain areas. Strengthen them by revising them on daily basis. You should prepare some notes while going through those sections the first time and during the revision phase, you just go over these notes time and again.
- Start taking practice tests: During the revision phase, it will be very much helpful if you start taking sectional tests for practice. Focus on the tests that give you area-wise practice. You attempt such tests once you are done with the chapters of that test.
- Go through one/ two more sources for Current Affairs: This is because the syllabus in this section is not finite and you need to study as much as possible. However, make sure that you memorize the answers since you have the Special Questions section in SNAP Exam this time.
- Practice Maths for varying levels of difficulty: You should be ready for anything in the exam. That is why practice questions of medium and difficult levels for the examination from the standard books.
- Follow one more book for English Vocab: There are endless words in English and you will never be able to master all of them. But you need to master as many as possible along with their applications. If you have memorized one book, go through another. It will increase your stock of words for the exam.
- Think about application of theory: While revising, you need to have this thought at the back of your mind that I need to apply what I am studying here. Those theories will not come in the exam but the application will be asked. So, think of situations in which you will need to apply the theory while revising. Revision is not to go through the syllabus once again but it is also about discovering ways in which you can use a particular theory.
- Take full–length mocks only when you are done with complete revision: Ideal time to start with full mocks is 15 days before the examination. But make sure that you are done with the revision also. Mocks will help you make minor alterations in your strategies. Analyze the results and accommodate the takeaways in your strategy for the next mock. That’s how mocks will be useful for your preparation. You can practice full-length SNAP mock test from Eduwhere.
What shouldn’t be done in the last 30 days?
The following things should be avoided at any cost in order to make sure that you crack SNAP 2018:
- Don’t think of applying now if you are a complete fresher in MBA Exams: The SNAP Registration will end on 29th November 2018 and some of you must be thinking to apply but are not sure. Please refrain from applying now if you are sincere enough to crack this exam and if you don’t know the ABC of MBA Exams.
- Don’t jump into full-length mocks: With so many organizations offering mocks, students get tempted to try their hands in mocks. Mocks are to test your level of preparation. You need to prepare thoroughly first and then take full length mocks. Otherwise it is of no use.
- Don’t over-analyze mock tests scores: If you are taking SNAP Mock Test, try to utilize the analysis given after the test, based on your performance. Don’t be over-confident if you are scoring well.
Don’t try new tricks in QA and LR: Students are often tempted to apply new shortcut tricks in Maths or Reasoning. Please note that it will rather harm your prospects in the exam if you are not comfortable using these tricks. Don’t try to learn anything new now in QA and LR, just revise what you have learnt and practice to apply them.
- Don’t discard mock scores thinking the level was difficult: With changes being the only constant, you can never say it for sure that the level of SNAP 2018 would be just the carbon copy of the exam in 2017. So, don’t discard mocks saying that it is too difficult for SNAP Exam. Rather keep a blend of moderate and difficult tests to prepare for any possible scenario in the exam.
Don’t try to learn too many new concepts at this stage: This is because you are supposed to revise now. You are not supposed to learn now. It will not help you in the exam. Yes, if you have left something very important, go through it. But don’t try to learn new things in areas where you have already covered everything.
With the SNAP 2018 Examination round the corner, we have discussed in detail the important tips for effective last-month preparation for the exam. The main thing is – Keep it Simple. Nothing fancy or out-of-the box now, just stick to what you have read and go through it again and again. Your preparation should give you the confidence that- come what may, I shall overcome.
All the Best!!